Friday, January 11, 2008

skipping school

i was pretty sure my class started at 1:00, but a friend just called asking me where i was sitting. i said here, in my chair at home. but he's already in the lecture hall, waiting for class to start in just a few minutes. ...

this week i've been battling a certain soreness in my chest. the pain seems to increase every day, restricting movement in my arms and shoulders. it's from my stupid workout 5 days ago at fitness 19. like i said, i did every machine once. so between the lateral bench press, the inclined/declined bench press, the fly press, not to mention free weights and dumbbells, i think i broke my chest.

i suppose missing class and not being able two work out frees me up to write on this blog and, more importantly, run errands for my mom. this morning we watched "everyone says i love you", a woody allen movie/musical that features lots of famous people - besides woody allen, goldie hawn, edward norton, natalie portman, julia roberts, billy crudup, drew berrymore, etc.. it's a pretty ridiculous movie, but i think that was the point. love is as ridiculous and nonsensical as a movie that suddenly bursts into song and dance. musicals don't happen in "real life", as depicted by the movies, and to that point this musical is a lot more reflective of our lives as irrational and random occurrences that we run ourselves into. plus it was funny, so me and mom had a good laugh.

but now my mom beckons. she wants me to do some stuff around the house.

i was going to post up a photoventure of all the things my mom made me do. but it was pretty boring so i'll just leave u with a series on soup for my mom. the soup, not the series.


i bought this for my consumption.... my parents somehow eat all my food.


yum... too bad its really cold at this point. but edible still.


the soup side


water and crackers


and lunch!

i need to eat lunch.

2 comments:

Dan Ra said...

i look at your soup and lose all of my appetite.

you're jealous that i'm using an Eee PC

ck said...

wow, this is why you can't get big. you're going to be scrawny forever.