Wednesday, May 20, 2009

when depression sets in...

what does a guy do when depression sets in? when it feels like fate itself is bent against him? clearly, the answer is this: post on his blog. and so here i am.

but blogging is not enough right now. my heart is broken, shattered into little shards like the T-1000 after he freezes in nitrogen and explodes into pieces of frozen flesh when arnold shoots him.

so i've thrown on some old school bright eyes to remind me that at least someone can join me in my self-pity. "and i know he heard me strumming all those sad and simple chords as i sat inside my room so long ago..." yes connor, i've heard you strumming, and those simple chords resonate the heartstrings inside me. i too have sat sat alone in my room. waiting. watching. as the cavs lose game 1 of the eastern conference finals.

they lose after being up by double digits in the third quarter. they lose after a prolific performance by the Chosen One. they lose when they know that the already crippled Cleveland economy will come to a standstill from mass depression.

this may seem like a joke to you, but it's not. i immediately left my house after the loss and went to a cafe. the lady taking my order asked me how i was. i said i was depressed because the cavs lost. she looked at me weird but, how can you blame me? who else can i turn to now besides a stranger? i can't go online to my familiar websites. espn.com is now off limits. it's on parental block. i can't check my google reader cuz of all the sports sites i subscribe to. every status update on facebook is a biblical-worthy lamentation.

after this tea maybe i'll have a few bottles of jameson and a pack of red marlboro's.

woe is me.

No comments: